Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Nars At First Sight palette review


This little NARS pallette is one of the most practical, versatile and travel-friendly palettes in my posession. AT FIRST SIGHT contains 4 eyeshadows that allow for a variety of looks and two of NARS best sellingh face products, their Deep Throat blush and Laguna bronzer all packed in a sleek compact wirh a good quality, full-size mirror.  
This is a kind of 'best of' palette for those who are unfamiliar with the brand or those who want to have all their favourite eye and face products nicely packed all in one place. For me this was the opportunity to try out the iconic Laguna bronzer and get a couple of other products together with it. I got the palette with a substantial discount at the price which was close to full-size Laguna bronzer alone, so I consider it a very good deal.

The shadows make it possible to create classic neutral brown smoky looks, but also a number of other combinations due to the fact that apart from the nudes there's also one blue eyeshadow.
In the top left corner we find All about Eve, which is a light satin to shimmery beige. It's too dark to make a typical brow or inner corner highlight, but it's an excellent base colour.
Nouveau Monde in the top right corner is a very unique blue shade. It's on the borderline of silver and also has some purple undertone. When blended this eyeshadow has buttery feel and smoothness to it, but initially it appears chunky just as if it was a glitter eyeshadow. Some scratchy particles get into my eyes if I'm not careful or apply it on my lash line.
Bellissima is a matte taupeish brown which looks pretty all over the lid and also makes a perfect crease shade.
Cordura is a dark brown shade with small golden glitter. This one has a dry formula and it's somewhat hard to pick on the brush, but it makes a lovely shade to darken the outside corner.

The eyeshadows, in spite of the fact that their finishes differ,  are all consistently very decently but not insanely pigmented.  I recently find such eyeshadows actually better and easier to work with. Very pigmented eyeshadows tend to look patchy and may be difficult to blend while these are so easy to apply and blend. 

Deep Throat is one of my favourite blushes ever, I've had it for ages, but somehow never got round to reviewing this little wonder. It's a peachy pink shade with shimmer. The pigmentation is just right, it blends in effortlessly and wears all day long. It gives the most natural glowy flush to my cheeks. I wish the palette contained Orgasm, which I do not have, but I find Deep Throat way prettier and more wearable, so I'm not unhappy to have two of these in my collection.

Laguna bronzer fully deserves the hype. It seemed scary dark in the pan for someone as fair-skinned as me. Fortunately it goes on so subtly and smoothly that it doesn't look unnatural on me. I use it both for conturing and to achieve the overall glow and it works amazingly well in both cases.  The shade reflects the perfect tan without being orange or  muddy. The blush is not completely matte, but its slightly shimmery, satin finish helps achieve the natural glow everyone longs for. 

I'm absolutely safistied with this little palette. I'm sure it'll make my perfect travel companion in the future, in the meanwhile I reach for it regularly at home, my particular love being the bronzer.


  Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment