Friday 18 November 2016

Max Factor Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner #02 review & swatches


I like bright blues during the summer. I wear a ton of blue eyeshadows or neutrals with a blue liner for a pop of colour. My tend to favour royal and cobalt shades, but a nice turquoise also tickles my fancy from time to time.


I had high expectations for my Max Factor Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner as it swatches beautifully. It glides on perfectly well, seems soft and is incredibly pigmented. It's a shimmety turquoise shade with silver microsparkles (not as noticeable as glitter, yet lightreflecting). However, it doesn't live up to my expectations. It doesn't apply as nicely on the lid, over eyeshadows as on the back of my hand. This liner drags my skin, doesn't produce a smooth, crisp line and seems harder than it actually is. I use this on bare skin, my bottom lashline and it seems to go on much more smoothly. 
I must admit that this is a waterproof eyeliner and once applied it doesn't go anywhere for the longer part of the day, but overall I believe there are way better liners out there and I'm not going to explore the line further. 


No comments:

Post a Comment