I'd like to review today a foundation I've been using for over a month now and I feel more than ready to say a couple of words about it.
The foundation comes in a rather bulky-looking bottle but it contains the standard 30ml of product. However, if you don't need to carry the bottle with you and just let it rest on the dressing table it will make a beautiful addition to the stuff you've already got there.
The foundation comes with a concealer, which is hidden in the cap.
The bottle has a pump which distributes the right amount of product.
So, what is unusual about this product apart from the fact that it comes with the concealer?
Well, it's supposed to be a revolutionary product on foundation market as it contains a large percentage of Lancome Vissionaire serum, which since its launch has received worldwide acclaim.
I suppose this foundation targets mature or ageing skin by providing extra care and countless beneficial ingredients. This also, unfortunately, means that the foundation is rather on the glowier side, which doesn't go all that well with oily skin like mine.
I must also say that I did receive samples from Sephora to test which were absolutely useful when finding the right shade match, while I suppose you need to use the product a little longer to see if you actually like the finish and whether it works for you.
What I liked about Lancome Teint Visionnaire:
1. The shade match is perfect. Shade 02 looks quite dark in the bottle and when swatched, but once applied on my face it looks just right. What's more this foundation does not oxidise on my skin during the day.
2. Contains sunscreen SPF20, which is quite high comparing to other "western" foundations.
3. Applies like a dream. Whatever tool you use, brushes, sponges or simply fingers, you'll receive a perfect flawless finish without much effort.
4. I'd describe this foundation as medium coverage. My skin is perfected but doesn't look or feel like I'm wearing a mask. If I meed more coverage in certain areas I reach for the concealer instead of building up layers of foundation.
5. I like the fact that this foundation contains a serum.
What I didn't like about it:
1. This foundation doesn't last long. I suppose it's due to the content of the serum but I notice migration of the foundation towards my pores within 2-3 hours and it generally lasts for about 5-6 hours.
2. The second drawback is not actually a drawback, it's just the fact that it doesn't match my skin type well. This foundation offers beautiful glowy finish, which would look perfect on dry skin types. On my skin it simply looks oily. Setting it with powder doesn't help, it makes the foundation cakey. Then it only gets worse. I suppose the wrong skin type match is also the reason why it stays so short on my face.
The concealer is supposed to be creamy but it's a bit hard and needs to be warmed up with fingers prior to application. It's rather heavy and seems drying under my eyes, so I need either to prep the area well or avoid using it there. What's more, the shade matches the foundation shade well but if you want to brighten your eye area you need to go 1-2 shades lighter. It also seems too oily to be used over blemishes. I like to use this concealer on my jawline to mask the redness there.
In terms of coverage, I'd say it's surprisingly decent. Though I'm not the best person to ask as I don't suffer from much darkness under my eyes.
All in all, I believe this is a really good foundation and it would definitely be opne of my favourites if I had dry skin. The concealer is a nice addition to the product, but I believe there are better concealers out there.
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.