Monday 16 February 2015

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Liner in Nice'n'Spicy and a tonne of dupes!!!!


A while ago I bought 2 MAC lip pencils. The one from their regular one disappointed me a bit, but I fell totally head over heels in love with their Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Nice'n'spicy.


It looks like an average lip pencil. It's way shorter than the regular MAC pencil, which means that not only is it more expensive, but also you get less product.
But I'm prepared to overlook that cause, boy, this one delivers. I've been a fan of Make Up For Ever lip liners for years, Gosh liners came really close to this ideal, but I just didn't know what I was missing all these years cause now I pronounce my MAC Pro Longwear liner the king of all liners.

It goes on incredibly creamy, doesn't skip or drag  my lips at all, but within seconds it dries to a budgeproof finish. It is lightweight and I hardly feel it on my lips, but it stays put like no other.
The shade is so in these days it's a nude, caramel brown shade with slight rosewood twist to it. Looks great paired with an infinite number of nude lipsticks and glosses, feels and looks a bit dry when worn on its own.

I'm not providing a swatch here cause I'd like to compare Nice 'n'spicy to other nudeish liners in my collection.


Left to right:
MAC Nice'n'spicy 
Gosh Nougat Crisp is a very close dupe, the only difference is that one stroke is a bit sheerer than MAC
Revlon Nude is a twist-up pencil and is darker and patchy
MUFE Aqua Lip 2C is rosier and there's some slight shimmer to it
Rimmel 1000 Kisses in Tiramisu is a bit warmer and sheerer
Catrice Precision Lip Liner in Wood You? is a twist-up pencil and it's a tad rosier

All these, in spite of the differences mentioned are almost identical dupes. Now on to mauvier, more distant dupes, but still within the nude scope:
Gosh Antique Rose is on a much mauvier side of the nude spectrum
Essence Lipliner Satin Mauve is much sheerer and rosewood shade.


And now the smudge test. I rubbed all the swatches with my fingers a couple of minutes after I applied them.
Rimmel, Catrice and Essence were almost completely gone and the patchiness of Revlon became even more pronounced after smudging.
Gosh Nougat crisp is almost a perfect dupe as far as colour, performance, size, design, packaging are concerned. MAC is a bit creamier and glides on better, but Gosh makes an excellent budget-friendly option.


No comments:

Post a Comment