Tuesday 2 April 2013

March 2013 faves!

Another month has gone!
I'm going to start my monthly favourites with skin care cause my make-up removal regime has changed substantially in March and I'm very glad with the results.

For the past year of so I was using cleansing oils by different brands to remove my make-up. It did away with all waterproof make-up instantly without leaving greasy film, but being an owner of oily skin I always followed oil cleanser with some kind of oil cleanser to protect my skin from break outs. 
I generally didn't suffer from serious skin problems but there was this large bump which migrated round my face which made me sometimes look as if I was turning into a unicorn or was being targeted by a hitman. I associated this with hormones more that my skin care regime cause it wasn't really that serious. 
When I run out of my Korean cleansing oil I needed to get an urgent replacement and I thought I'd change my evening routine for a while.


I bought coconut oil to help me break down my waterproof eye make-up. It turned out very greasy and messy but fairly effective. I wipe it away with a cotton pad soaked in my Bioderma micellar solution. For less waterproof make-up I start with the Bioderma, then wash my entire face with Sephora Supreme Cleansing Foam, which is a very gentle cleanser intended for removal of both face and eye make-up. Then I sweep any remains of my make-up with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner.

I don't know which of these products is particularly beneficial for my skin, I suppose the most important step was the elimination of cleansing oils from my routine, but the problem of my spots and bumps disappeared completely. I've tested these products for over a month and I must say this combo really works.



As far as my make-up is concerned I usually welcome the coming of spring with pastels and brights but since this year the spring was cancelled I entrenched myself in browns, taupes and neutrals.
I really loved my new NYX Love in Paris eyeshadow palette, which arrived here quite late in March but won my heart instantly.
I also used the Sigma eyeshadow base in Persuade a lot, Catrice eyeshadow in C'mon Chameleon! and Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire.
My favourite eye brush was Maestro 480 (Polish brand) which is an incredible brush to apply transition colour in the crease.



This month I really loved my Armani Maestro foundation for its smooth and weightless feel and my Rimmel Stay Matte face powder for its long-lasting mattifying effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment