Wednesday 17 April 2013

Affordable make-up: NYX Love in Paris eyeshadow palette review



I am gradually becoming a big fan of NYX and this new acquisition of mine makes me fall in love a little bit more.
NYX has launched a number of Love in Paris palettes for spring 2013, out of which I chose this little beauty called A La Mode.

I love both the design and the shade selection in this palette.
Nine small eyeshadow pans come in a pretty, sleek black case with a little bow in front. This small and compact palette contains everything you need to create a classic smoky eye, except any decent brushes of course.
The shade selection is so simple, yet so many brands forget that simplicity and wearability is the key. In this case I can say there's no single shade I don't like and there's no single shade that wouldn't be universally flattering. What's more you can create a wide variety of looks ranging from daytime neutrals to party smokies.


Most of these shadows are more than decently pigmented, soft and creamy when applied. They blend well and last at least 8 hours without fading or creasing (over a primer). There's a lot of fall out, but I experience that a lot when I use Urban Decay eyeshadows which are significantly more expensive. 



The shadows have no specific names, they go as follows:
top row: 
matte white, matte taupe, shimmery taupe (this one lacks in the pigmentation department)
middle row:
sparkly silver, matte black, darker silver
bottom row:
dark, cool-toned matte brown, matte gray, charcoal shimmer which looks like satin black. 

The shadows might not look like much when swatched but trust me they are perfectly capable of creating a nice smokey eye in silver or in brown or a combination of both. 


I absolutely adore this palette. If I wanted to travel light, I'd definitely take this palette with me, it's so small, lightweight and self-sufficient. 
It's probably the greatest low-budget buy of mine. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment