Thursday 3 December 2015

Korean goodies: Blanc Doux Pinot Noir UV Shield & Tone -up Sensitive review


I first opened this Blanc Doux Pinot Noir UV Shield and Tone-up Sensitive SPF35 in the summer and it went straight back into the drawer. Two things about it made the product impossible to use back then. In the summer heat it was rather heavy and didn't feel mattifying enough for my oily skin and what's more it turned my face ghostly white as the cream's colour brings toothpaste to mind.

Although this product is technically a sunscreen, I fell in love with it when I used it instead of my moisturiser in mid November. Now that my complexion is way paler than it was in the summer, this cream doesn't look stark white on my skin, what's more in the cooler months, when my skin produces less sebum, this turned out to be rather mattifying.

This cream, which contains SPF35 and antioxidants that come from Pinot Noir wine is a perfect make-up base for winter months. I feel it evens out my skin tone and makes my pores smaller. There's noticeable white cast, but foundation covers everything and I don't think it looks unnatural on me.

I like the matte turquoise tube with its narrow nozzle, which reminds me of an ointment. I also like the fact that it isn't heavily scented, but still smells nice. 

It's a good cream and sunscreen for the palest of pale. It'll turn olive-toned complexions ashy. I don't think this will suit dry skin types, unless applied over a very good moisturiser. 




No comments:

Post a Comment