Friday 27 May 2011

Clinique 3 steps for dry/combination skin type (2)

Clinique 3 steps for dry/combination skin type (2)
This is the set I guess everybody knows, I personally have been using the generous samples from Sephora, this is the first time I've bought the product myself. This set conists basically of the clarifying lotion and 2 samples of liquid soap and moisturising lotion (15 ml each, I'm saving them for travelling).

1) Liquid facial soap (mild)
this soap removes all the dirt, including non-waterproof make-up, even cream eyeshadows like MUFE or cream eyeliners like E.L.F. Does not irritate my skin or cause any allergic reaction. But on the other hand my Garnier face wash does the same and costs aboout a third of the price. Prehaps I need to use it consistently for a longer period to achieve any noticeable differene.

2) Claryfying lotion
this lotion is alcohol based, which might irritate sensitive skins, but for me this is a magic potion. Using it twice daily helps me fight with the occassional breakouts that I have. It also helps to control oiliness, which is particularly usefull in the coming summer season. When applied for the first few times it leaves a pleasant cooling sensation, which disappears later on as the skin gets used to the substance.

3) Dramatically different moisturizing lotion
I like the moisturising properties of this lotion, it can even be used in the undereye area and I must admit it moisturises this troublesome area really well. I do really like it, although in hot sunny weather it leaves my face feeling quite sticky. I'm considering getting the gel variation for the summer.

If you consider buying any of these products always check the sets available. I bought the whole set for the price of of the clarifying lotion, which was a good deal I suppose.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment