Sunday 5 February 2012

The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit #01 - review




Today I'd like to review a product I've had for quite a while now and I must say I like it a lot, although it does have its flaws for sure.


So let's start with the PROS:
1. I absolutely adore the packaging. This is a large container which looks more like a powder box than a product for brows. A very tasteful and classy silver pan which holds 2 brow shadows and a folding brush and there's a large mirror inside. Too large to travel with, it's rather meant as a beautiful object on the dressing table.

2. I like the lighter shade a lot, looks nice on my uber light brows. Defines without looking vamy or too dramatic. The shade on the right is far too dark and yellow, it'll remain unused for sure. When I swatched these shades in the shop I thought they would be barely visible on my brows, they seemed so light, but believe me they read darker when allpied. I feel they might actually be too dark for typical blondes although this set is meant for blond or auburn hair.

3. The quality of these shadows is excellent. They are sort of creamy and they apply really nicely and stay put for a long time.
1. The brush. This is for sure the most ridiculous and useless brush I've seen attached to make-up products. Women often question the usability of these little brushes and applicators which come with different products and Icouldn't agree more that it's always better to use a professional brush instead of a sponge applicator which is sometimes not more than 1 cm long, but in some circumstances they can be used instead of full-sized brushes. This can't be said about the applicator attached to The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit. First of all it's weird in shape, not particularly handy. Keeps folding all the time. What's more the bristles are so dense, thick and hard they feel like this kind of brush that handy men use to remove rust from metal objects. Can you imagine such thing to be used to apply make-up? Not only does this prove useless as a tool, but also it scratches the delicate powder so much that it actually destroys it. I tried to use it once, it scratched the powder horribly... went straight to the bin.


   
2. What is definitely missing in this kit is wax. Wax is such a useful thing when styling your brows and the set would be perfect if instead of this horrible brush they put a pan of clear wax..

3. There are no clear instructions as to how this product is supposed to be used. I don't mean how to apply it to the brows, but since the name is : Brow AND LINER kit and one side of the brush is very small and narrow the only thing I can gather is that this is meant to be used as a liner. But since the product is powder not gel the question arises how do I transform the powder into a more liquidy formula? I've consulted The Body Shop website and I assume this is a product which is meant for brows only, there's nothing that suggests it can be used in multiple ways. Fine with me. I needed a brow thing and I got one, but why name a product in such a misleading way?



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment