Tuesday 3 June 2014

Crabtree & Evelyn Lily shower gel, body lotion and hand cream review




I'd heard a lot of good things about Crabtree & Evelyn and it'd been on my shopping list for quite a while when I was a couple of low-priced gift sets in TK Maxx and since it was the peak of lily of the valley season I picked the lily-scented one.

The set consisted of a shower gel, a body lotion and a hand cream, all of them mini sizes. 
I must say that I didn't quite like any of the products. I was expecting something special and instead I got a set of average products that any drugstore toiletries can beat. 
And the scent wasn't as strong as I'd hoped, it definitely didn't linger on my body for longer than a quarter of an hour.

Lists of ingredients posted below are incredibly long, which is not a good thing usually, but when you read them carefully, you'll notice that most ingredients are of natural origin.


I don't have many expectations about shower gels and I rarely buy expensive ones. But I found this one disappointing even compared to the cheap drugstore products. It produced very little lather and I had to use a lot to wash myself. The packaging was hard to squeeze and it requires a lot of pressing and pumping to get some gel out.




Lily body lotion didn't do anytiong out of the ordinary to my skin. It was neither thick nor thin, but I don't feel it moisturised my skin well, not to mention any long-term results.





Exactly the same thing can be said about the hand cream. I don't think it changed my or my hubby's hands condition, but the good thing was that it absorbed fairly quickly and didn't leqve greasy residue behind. I also liked the metal tube it came in.

I think I don't need to say that my relationship with the brand is over. Nothing dramatic happened, I didn't get any allergic reaction, observed no breakouts, didn't develop any dry patches, but these three just didn't live up to the hype.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment