Saturday 14 June 2014

Korean goodies: It's Skin Pearl Bright Essential Mask Sheet review



I was more than happy to find another Korean product in my Glossybox this month. 
This time it was It's Skin Pearl Bright Essential Mask Sheet. 

For those unfamiliar with this kind of products, it's a face mask that comes in a form of a sort of textile sheet with openings for the eyes, nose and mouth to let you see and breathe that is soaked with liquid. You wear it for 15-20 minutes and then remove. These masks come in individual sachets and are mostly made in Korea, but I've noticed that some western brands are also picking up the trend.

According to the description on the packaging, this mask contains 'various kinds of minerals' that add shine to the face while cleansing and moisturising. People allergic to adhesove tape should refrain from using this (no idea why, it's not made of plastic foil of any kind, neither does it seem to contain any glue, and hw can you be allergic to adhesive tape anyway? Bad translation perhaps?)

So, last night I decided to give it a go. 
What I noticed immediately was that this mask fitted better than the other one I've tried, which was to large  and that the product had a nice and very faint scent.  
After a couple of minutes I felt slight tingling sensation that always makes me quite uneasy as I feel that I might be allergic tio the product, but it turned out I wasn't. 

After I removed it I noticed that it left my face glowing with sticky kind of moisture. I have oily skin and having used the mask before going to bed I didn't follow it up with any serums or creams. 
When I woke up, I didn't notice any difference in my skin condition. It didn't feel smoother nor brighter. 

I think very dry skins could benefit from the instant boost of moisture it provides, for my skin that feels moist most of the time it didn't make any difference, but using it was a nice, pampering experience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment