Sunday 19 May 2013

Not worth the hype: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light review

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light

A thought has recently crosses my mind that there's nothing that would brighten my eye area better than a good concealer. That's why I set out to find the perfect one. 
Finding a good concealer is a very difficult task. It's hard to get samples to try at home because about 90% come in such packaging or shape that it's impossible to make a sample for you to take home and try out. 
That's why I had to resort to reading numbers of reviews which made me no wiser. 
But one name kept circling around, consistently receiving positive reviews - Collection 2000 (later the brand name was reduced to Collection only) Lasting Perfection. The brand seems new, however, Collection is not a manufacturer's name but a product line name by Constance Caroll, who has operated on the market, including the Polish one, for years, without ever winning my heart or interest. If I had known that before I would have never bought this product. Read on to find out why.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light

This product is oftentimes mentioned by the Pixiwoos and many other YouTube gurus I watch. 
It comes in my preferred form for a concealer, namely a tube with a wand and doe-foot applicator. It promises to conceal flas, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours, be water resistant and provide shine-free, blemish free skin.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light

You can see it's a cheap drugstore the moment the product arrives at your hands, but that's all right cause I didn't expect I was getting anything other for the couple of pounds I paid for it.
But what I didn't foresee was that the packaging would be that crappy. You can see below what it looked like one week after putting it into regular use. The print wiped off the tube completely, staining my hands horribly.
Worse even, the neck of the tube simply cracked and the concealer started gushing out, producing mess everywhere around.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light

The shade I picked is Light, which is a fair pinkish beige.
Theoretically this should be a perfect match for my skin  and I suppose it is but it didn't turn out to be brightening enough for my under eye area. I also noticed that this shade oxidised in my eye area, achieving a sort of reddish-orange shade. (see the difference in shade between the swatch made upon the arrival and the shade of the concealer gathered around the neck of the tube). This might have been caused by the constant access to air due to the broken tube or simply I should have picked the fairest shade.


As far as its performance is concerned, this is one of these concealers which require a well-prepped eye area, otherwise they tend to dry the eye area leaving it horribly wrinkled. When used over a good eye cream this worked fine. The coverage was pretty decent, though used in excess looked heavy and noticeable.

What I liked about the Lasting Perfection was the fact that I didn't need to set it with powder and it didn't look very shiny nor did it dissolve my mascara. 

This is not a terribly bad concealer, but also not a very good one. If  the only thing you're looking for is the coverage, with the right shade out of the 4 available, you could make it work for you.

I could actually have tried to make this work for me but the horrible packaging made this impossible. Down the bin it went within one week. No more Collection 2000 for me.

Collection Lasting Perfection concealers are made in China.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment