Thursday 9 May 2013

Sephora Moisturising Body Lotion and Body Scrub in Peony review


Each spring I feel I need something floral around me. I get floral print t-shirts, skirts, perfumes, scarves and this year my eyes fell on peony scented body products by Sephora and I just found them irresistible.

Out of a wide variety of products I picked 2: the moisturising body lotion and smoothing body scrub.
Unfortunately, in case of both products what drew me to them turned out to be their major vice.
I just didn't like the smell. Instead of being flotal it turned out to be kind of plasticky. I do realise that most fragrances are artificial but this time Sephora did nothing to conceal this. This smell is not that bad in case of the body scrub but I really didn't like how my body smelled after using the lotion.

What I liked about the body lotion was the packaging. The bottle is equipped with a pump, which is very convenient. I liked also the fact that it absorbs really quickly without leaving my skin sticky. There's also a downside of this cause I didn't find this lotion very moisturising. I didn't feel it did anything particular to my skin at all. So I'm definitely not going to repurchase.

I liked the body scrub much more. It doesn't have any moisturising properties but it does what it promises to do - scrub. It's granules look like sugar and that's what I suppose they are, they don't mess my bath and do their job effectively. I also find the packaging very convenient. I might repurchase this one in a different scent. With my regular discount from Sephora it's inexpensive and efficient.





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment