Sunday 20 November 2011

Illamasqua Skin Base foundation (SB4)

Illamasqua Skin Base foundation
Choosing the shade using online swatches and reviews (thank you m4dswine) was a difficult task, but I must say I'm absolutely satisfied with my choice. The colour description on the Illamasqua website is highly confusing as they claim the foundation has both pink and yellow undertones. And strangely enough it does, although I believe that when the foundation is sheered out the tone becomes fairly neutral, which suits me fine. I'm posting the two pictures below to prove that although it's hard to believe there actually are both pink and yellow undertones.
Illamasqua Skin Base foundation no.4

Illamasqua Skin Base foundation no.4


As to the product itself I believe this is one of the gratest foundations ever. It blends evenly and effortlessly, literally melts into skin. The coverage is medium to high without clogging the pores. The finish is rather dewy without looking greasy. I sometimes don't use any finishing powder and it looks very natural and fresh.  

I was quite surprised with the packaging cause it looks smaller than I'd expected, though there's the same amount of product as in any standard foundation bottle. It's also a bit hard to squeeze the tube, which is not an issue now that the tube is full, but I wonder whether it will be just as easy to dig the product out when it is almost used up.

The only reservation I've got is that the foundation is made in Thailand. I hope this fact has no influence on quality, but I suppose using cheap labour should influence the price (like in case of ELF, Sleek or even Calvin Klein).

EDIT: This foundation will suit those with dry skins best. On my oily skin it looks decent only when applied in tiny amount over a matifying cream. I suspect it also causes the break outs my skin has been suffering from recently.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment