Tuesday 29 November 2011

Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte pressed powder in Clair (20)


Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte in Clair
When I was about to return to work I thought I needed a bit of encouragement in a form of make-up that would be useful for touch-ups. So I thought: matifying powder! I took many factors into consideration, small , convenient and classy packaging being the dominant ones. Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte was finally my choice.
This powder comes in a typical Chanel black container with a white logo on top, which really appeals to my taste. It can be conveniently carried in a bag in its velvet pouch, which prevents the packaging from opening and scratching. And this is where my enthusiasm ends. Unfortunately I must say that the product quality is really below average. I would be perfectly satisfied with the product if it was Maybelline or Rimmel, but I expect much more from a product with such a high price tag and most of expensive powders I owned were really spectacular. This powder is does not make any visible difference to the appearance of the skin and doesn't prevent oiliness. The sponge attached does a horrible job as an applicator, making the product apply unevenly and chalkily. Of course you may say that powder is best applied with a brush, and I couldn't agree more, but I don't want to carry so much stuff in my bag. I actually chose this powder because it had its own applicator.
And on top of it all it doesn't smell and I love my powders to smell nice.

I think Chanel powders and foundations are such hit or miss things, they range from amazing products like Vitalumiere Aqua to such crap things as Poudre Universelle Compacte.

swatched

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment