Wednesday 2 November 2011

Orly nailpolish in Royal Velvet (review + swatches)

Orly nailpolish in Royal Velvet
Now this is a gorgeous polish! Royal Velvet is a blue-purple duochrome shimmer, with blue being the dominant tone. I've taken a couple of pictures trying to capture the nature of the polish. I like both the cool-toned blue and the slightly warmer purple and the way the shades melt into each other making this polish so outstanding  and hard to define.

Orly nailpolish in Royal Velvet
 As far as the application is concerned the polish is fairly sheer, I needed 3 coats to get the desired effect (though I'd actually expected more considering how sheer the first coat was). Once applied, the polish wore very well resisting chips and scratches.

Orly nailpolish in Royal Velvet 
The polish is so lovely an so unique I guess I'll soon be repurchasing the full-sized bottle (mine is the mini version). Royal Velvet is definitely one of my favourites.
Orly nailpolish in Royal Velvet 

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment