When I saw Essence Twilight Breaking Dawn lip gloss I found it irresistible. Just the right shade of red with this gorgeous glitter! It was as cheap as all Essence goodies are so I didn't hesitate long before it became mine.
Although I really loved the gloss in the tube my expectations weren't too high. I knew I was buying a pig in a poke cause there was no tester in the shop.
Upon opening the gloss turned out to be a pretty decent product.
What I particularly liked about the product was:
- very nice and innovative applicator, kind of dome-shaped, very easy to use
- nice shade of red and pretty glitter
- the glitter isn't excessive and doesn't feel gritty
- fades evenly
- looks very pretty on top of my many matte red lipsticks
- good for those who want to experiment with reds but fear anything too obvious
Now, what I didn't like about it:
- the gloss is rather sheer, which for some may be an advantage whereas for me it isn't
- it doesn't last long, after about half an hour the gloss is barely visible but the moisturising glow remains. It's great for those who like to reapply often
Just to recap I'd like to say that it's a great gloss for the more faint-hearted lovers of the reds or for everyone who isn't looking for long-wearing products. And of course for everyone with tight budgets!
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.