Friday 28 December 2012

Korean goodies: Holika Holika Magic Pole Waterproof Mascara review




The reason I bought Holika Holika Magic Pole Waterproof mascara was to use it on my lower lashes. I'm not a huge fan of using waterproof mascara all over cause I don't normally have any issues with non-waterproof mascaras on my upper lid and the waterproof ones are so much more difficult to remove!


The Magic Pole Mascara comes in a fancy holographic triangular packaging which opens sidewise to reveal an instruction manual.
The packaging of the mascara itself is also very nice, it's a silver tube with blue and black prints and a sort of crystal at the top.


The wand reminded me very much of a Givenchy mascara I once had. It's a spiky head which looks very much like a medieval weapon. The application of mascara with this sort of applicator is time-consuming, but very precise as it coats every single lash individually, separating and extending them nicely.

The difference between this applicator and the Givenchy one is that there's also a spiky stick which is meant to give the lashes volume. It would actually work if the spiky ball didn't get in the way and make it all messy. I'm actually considering cutting the ball off cause I believe a tiny applicator like a spiky rod will serve my purposes best.



As far as the mascara formula is concerned I believe it's a truly waterproof mascara. I'd seriously consider wearing it in the swimming pool. I've tested it in a variety of conditions and it would not budge. No smudging, no smearing, no crumbling. 
Removing it is also a bit of a pain, remember to equip yourself in any oil-based make-up remover before you apply it. Oil will not dissolve the mascara but it will make it slide off your lashes easily.

I don't particularly like to wear it on everyday basis on my upper lashes cause it makes them stiff  and straight, and it's difficult to remove, but on my lower lashes it's just right.

I believe everyone needs one good waterproof mascara in their stash for special purposes and the Holika Holika Magic Pole is a decent and moderately-priced choice.






Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment