Hourglass is a relatively new brand in make-up and hardly known and distributed here in Europe. They have a couple of products in their portfolio which have become iconic items for make-up lovers and Opaque Rouge is one of them.
Opaque Rouge is a fully opaque matte lipstick which comes in a liquid form and initially looks like a gloss. The tube it comes in is really cute but tiny which makes you feel a bit disappointed considering how much the product costs but on the other hand it's very practical and party- and travel-friendly cause it fits in the tiniest pocket.
The applicator is a fluffy wand which picks the right amount of product and distributes it rather successfully. You need only a tiny amoount of the product cause a little goes a long way. Apply it evenly on your lips, give it a minute or two to set and voila! Perfectly matte lips are done!
The shade Icon is a gorgeous dark cherry red with cool undertones which suits my complexion really well.
|three hours later...|
Now on to a proper product review:
What I liked about the product:
- the shade is beautiful
- matte finish
- quite long-lasting
- cute packaging and luxurious design
What I found disappointing:
- the product is long-lasting but nowhere near the 8-10 hours of wear including eating and drinking mentioned by other reviewers. After 3 hours I notice substantial and uneven fading. And I'm a good lipstick wearer, I don't tend to touch or lick my lips all the time.
- the beautiful cherry red turns to fuchsia when it starts to fade. Fuchsia/magenta are not my favourite shades
- it's quite drying, your lips need to be in tip-top condition, applying a balm right before the lipstick will affect its performance
- very expensive and hard to get
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.