Tuesday 19 March 2013

Sephora Jumbo Liner 12h wear in Marine (#13), Dark Taupe Shimmer (#22) and Brown(#07)


Today I'd like to write a couple of words about the amazing eyeliner pencils from Sephora. These are not my first jumbo pencils, so far I've been using similar pencils from NYX (reviewed here and here) but the Sephora ones are far better than the NYX ones.
Jumbo pencils by both brands look very similar but the difference is that the ones by NYX don't set  and therefore are not smudgeproof while the Sephora pencils will not budge a minute after the application. I use NYX pencils solely as eyeshadow bases but the Sephora ones can actually be used alone as liners or eyeshadows.

In spite of their jumbo size Sephora jumbo liners can draw a very precise line, especially after sharpening (my sharpener gives them a fine tip, which is no different than a tip of a regular eyeiner pencil). Moreover, thanks to their incredible creaminess you can cover an entire lid with them with no effort.


Out of a wide selection of shades I picked three: Marine, Dark Taupe Shimmer and Brown, other shades are awaiting their turns.

Marine is a very pretty navy blue with cornflower undertones. This is a shimmery shade.
Dark Taupe Shimmer is exactly what the name says: dark taupe with shimmer. Absolutely stunning!
Brown seems to me another taupeish shade, lighter than Dark Taupe Shimmer and more bronze.

All three perform equally well, apply smoothly with no patchiness.

Apart from all merits mentioned before I must admit that I appreciate the accessibility. They aren't part of any limited editions, collections etc. so there's no need to hurry to grab them. They're always there when I fancy something new.
What else can I say? Excellent stuff, will be getting more of these!




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment