Monday 21 October 2013

Organix Brazillian Keratin Therapy Shampoo, Conditioner and Flatiron Spray review


When I changed my hair style from curly to straight my search for straightening hair products started. In my local drugstore I came across Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy range, out of which I picked 3 products: shampoo, conditioner and flatiron spray. 

I must say I quite like the shampoo. I like the gorgeous coconut smell, I like the rich foam it produces and how soft my hair feels after using it. 
Unfortunately, I'm not as enthusiastic about the matching conditioner. First of all I found it really hard to squeeze out if its bottle. It's very thick and the bottle cannot be stored upside down for obvious reasons (see the shape of the bottle above). I ended up storing it upside down behind the tap.
It seems to me that because this conditioner is so thick, I used it up much too quickly.
This is one of the conditioners that really need to be kept on for the 3-5 minutes prescribed to make them work. Rinsed earlier it made my hair feel coarse and more tangled than before using the conditioner.

As far as the straightening properties of this duo are concerned, I'd describe them as pretty average. I'd say that proper styling does more to my hair than hair care.     


The same thing can be said about the Flatiron Spray. While I do appreciate the fact that it protects my hair from the damage caused by high temperatures and leaves my hair quite shiny, it's results don't last long. As long as there's no humidity around, it seems to be working fine. Come rain, my hair rather wavy will turn almost afro curly. Same thing will happen if I my head gets sweaty at night.

So, although I really like the visual side of the packaging, the smell and the fact that my hair feels soft after using these products, in my opinion they cannot be trusted as far as keeping your hair straight is concerned.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment