Monday 28 October 2013

Schwarzkopf got 2 b chaotic modelling fibre gum review


I've had this Schwarzkopf got2b chaotic modelling fibre gum for quite a while now and my attitude to the product has changed together with my hair style.

When I wore my hair curly it tended to be and look much more dry than it does now. So I used this fibre gum to add texture to my hair, accentuate single strands and revive my curls 'the day after'. And it worked all right. I mean, it was never my Holy Grail or anything, but it seem to do its job while leaving my hair soft and moisturised, not crispy like many products do. However, although my hair was so dry that I could go on without washing it for weeks (I never did, though), when I used the got2b gum I knew I needed to wash it off at the end of the day cause after combing or brushing my hair the following morning it made my hair look as if I'd used brilliantine on it. 

Here we come to the point. I think you have already guessed what I'm going to say. These days I wear my hair straight, and straight hair has natural tendency to look flat, less full and bouncy than curly one, and consequently it seems more greasy. That's why you need to be extra careful choosing your hair styling products. Got2b fibre gum weighs my hair down and turns it into a kind of pathetic oil slick within seconds. And my hair isn't naturally oily at all. What's more it does nothing to texturise my hair nicely. It says 'chaotic' on the packaging. Nothing more misleading. This product doesn't set, does not help to create any out-of-bed styles. Even with my hubby's short hair it didn't do anything really. I believe the consistency is too soft to make hair perform as directed.

The only positive things about the product are the tin packaging, which exactly appeals to my taste, the pleasant smell, fresh but not too masculine, which can be used by people of both sexes and the amount of the product you get, considering that you need only a little bit of the product, using this little jar up can take well over a year. 



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Since I have very curly and long hair it works alright for me, I only have to apply it far down to the lengths or ends to get the effect I want (which doesn't affect my roots, they're oily either way - though I never dry-brush my hair). So I agree it adds texture, moisture, shine and some hold.
    It takes a lot of effort to apply because of the sticky texture though imho, which is why I don't use it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are absolutely right, this worked for me when my hair was longer and curly. Now it weighs my hair down horribly .

      Delete