Sunday 22 January 2012

BB Creams by Missha (Matte and Perfect Cover #21)

So much has been said about BB Creams that I simply couldn't resist the temptation to learn what they are like and try them out myself. I didn't have any expectations really cause I sort of feel distrustful of these Korean goodies and so I ordered these in 20ml packaging so as not to waste too much money in case they turned out to be useless.
Once I received the parcel I understood why those Koreans are such a successful nation. Not only can they produce these cute beauty gadgets, but they also MANAGED TO MAKE POLISH POSTAL SERVICES WORK QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY. I don't know how they made it, I guess some sort of magic, but the package from Korea arrived just in less than a week, 4 working days to be precise. For your reference speedy delivery from Warsaw can take up to 3 weeks, X-mas cards from London spend over 2 weeks on their way here. Can you believe 6 days total from Seoul?

Perfect Cover #21 (left), Missha Matte  (right)

Such speedy delivery made me feel positively about these BB creams before I even used them and I started considering getting more of these goodies. 
So what do I think about these?
They are in no way a miracle product, and I didn't expect them to be, but I think they are very decent tinted moisturisers with really high sun protection factors (Perfect Cover). They do not provide full coverage, but they melt nicely into the skin, optically evening out the skin tone. The shade of both is actually almost identical, a kind of ashy beige, which doesn't match my skin tone at all, but strangely enough it looks great once applied. 
I decided to compare them by covering half of my face with one BB cream and the other half with the other. Here's what I discovered:
1. The shade is identical.
2. The coverage is identical.
3. In spite of the fact that one of them is supposed to be matte, the finish in both cases was kind of dewy.
4. The consistency of Missha Matte is much thicker, therefore more difficult to distribute.
5. The staying power is the same.
6. They have similar faint perfumy smell.

My conclusion is that in the summer I'm gonna get a full size bottle of  Missha Perfect Cover to use as a sun protective tinted moisturiser cause it has SPF 42, distributes smoothly and effortlessly and is fairly cheap. This is a perfect solution for hot days when you want your skin to look nice, but you don't want to pack too much stuff on your face and look overdone.

blended out swatches of both Misshas, you can't see them, can you?

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. love this review. I do want to get the perfect cover BB Cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum loves it! She's got much drier skin than mine.

      Delete