Saturday 21 January 2012

MAC Matchmaster foundation 1.5 - review + swatches

MAC Matchmaster foundation is a very decent foundation which is quickly becoming my current  favourite. The idea behind this foundation was to adjust to whatever skin tone you have and I must admit it really does. The founation looked alarmingly yellow in the bottle and when swatched, but once applied it looks fairly natural and well-matched, although I would feel more comfortable if the shade was more of a neutral beige or pink undertone.
The foundation can be applied thinly for medium coverage, which I love. It doesn't accentuate the pores or clog them. Matchmaster gives a fairly matte finish and helps control oil really well. Ideal for me, might feel dry and uncomfortable on dry skin types. I often have difficulty measuring how long the foundation stays on my skin as it disappears gradually and I can never specify when it's actually gone, but I'm convinced this one stays put for a decent amount of time.


If you look at the swatches you may think that this shade is too dark for me, but strangely enough when applied on my face makes me look pale and it doesn't oxidise much.


All in all I I believe this is a decent foundation for decent money. MAC is the only make-up brand which is not ripping us off here in Poland. All prices are roughly the same as in the UK or the US, which renders the products affordable. The only problem is that the nearest MAC store is about 300 km away from the 1-million agglomeration where I live (this is an implied suggestion for the MAC marketing team).

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment