Wednesday 18 January 2012

MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet


MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet
I do realize that everyone's already had dozens of Fluidlines but Macroviolet is the first one for me. And I'm so amazed at the quality of the product that I'm sort of angry with myself that I postponed getting it for so long. The only excuse is that MAC cosmetics are unavailable where I live and I whenever I was doing MAC shopping in Warsaw or London I had to make choices and Fluidlines simply dropped out of my shopping list.
As far as the shade is concerned I'm no that enthusiastic. I love purples, but this one is too auberginy dark, I'd prefer lavender hues (like some of those limited collections to) but the permanent range is quite limited as regards the variety of shades.
The shade turned out to be very hard to swatch. In reality the shade is more purple and less  brownish.

What won a 100% of my heart is the consistency, so soft and smooth, so easy to apply. I've had a great number of gel or cream eyeliners (ELF, Bobbi Brown, Calvin Klein, Dior), all of them being thicker or harder. Macroviolet crosses the boundary of gel eyeliner-eyeshadow, it definitely may be used as both as the line can be smudged or sheered out effortlessly. I'm curious to see how the consistency will change when the gel starts to dry. Is it going to behave similarly to my Calvin Klein liner which was quite as smooth in the beginning but  thickened considerably within a couple of months, remaining perfectly usable. Bobbi Brown eyeliner was thick from the start, but shows no sign of drying at all. ELF eyeliners tended to change from gel liners to cake liners. For the time being Fluidline resembles cream eyeshadows like Shiseido or MUFe more than eyeliners, which makes me hope it'll resist drying just as cream shadows do.

The only thing that I don't like is the packaging. I guess a couple of years ago MAC packaging looked modern and cool, whereas now, with so many other gorgeous-looking products on the market my Fluidline looks like a cheap, no name product. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't have any comparison but just have a look at the picture below and say if you can disagree with me.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment