Thursday 18 October 2012

Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute Light review

When I saw Nuxe Creme Fraiche in Light in one of my Glossyboxes I was really excited to try it out. Not only had I heard a lot about the brand but also the cream was appropriately matched for my skin type. 

The cream promises to soothe, moisturise and mattify and matte finish is something I'm in constant search of. Unfortunately, this is the promise the cream failed to keep. My face was definitely moisturised and seemed nourished, but the finish was nothing close to matte. If I had been blind testing I'd have written that this cream targeted dry and normal skin types. 
But this non-matte look is not the worst thing about the cream. I use moisturizers for normal/dry skin types at night as they usually have more nourishing properties so I'd definitely have made good use of the cream if it hadn't been for the smell.
The cream has a sort of "natural" smell which I found simply repulsive. It reminded me of rapeseed oil. Yuck.  The whole pleasure of using the cream was spoilt by this awful and strong stench. Smell is always a matter of personal preference and this one didn't suit me at all. 






No comments:

Post a Comment