Tuesday 30 October 2012

Vichy Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution review


I honestly don't understand the hype commected with micellar solutions. This is the second I've used (the previous one was by Bourjois) and they really didn't work for me.

The Vichy Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution is meant to be a kind of 3-in-1 product which cleanses, removes make-up and soothes the skin. Being a very gentle product this micellar solution definitely does not irritate my skin and thus it probably does have some soothing effect. But as far as removing make-up is concerned it simply doesn't work for me. It does not work instantly, you need to press and hold it for a while on your lids or cheeks to start dissolving the make up and even then it doesn't get close to what oil-based would do to your make-up. It simply takes too much effort, time, pulling and lid dragging to be classified as a successful make-up remover. 
The only way I can see it work is on those no-makeup days when I need to cleanse my skin before going to bed. I also use it to remove any fall out from under my eyes when doing my make-up. It's non-greasy so it doesn't make my mascara smudge, which is good but nothing to write home about.
I've almost used this micellar solution up and I'm considering getting the highly acclaimed Bioderma one just to know whether all micellar solutions are just a gimmick or their quality depends on a brand.

I'm definitely not going to repurchase the Vichy Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution. I'm really glad I didn't waste much money on it, it cost about $4 in a sale.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment