Friday 6 December 2013

MAC Fluidline in Stares and Speculation and Deliciously Rich (Night Divine Collection) review & swatches



I love MAC Fluidlines, but the permanent colour range is quite limited, so when the opportunity to expand my collection presents itself, I grab the new shades available.
This Holiday MAC released two new shades and repromoted one from their permanent line, which I've had for a while.
The new shades are Deliciously Rich and Stares and Speculation. Both make excellent liners, eyeshadow bases and cream eyeshadows. They're soft and creamy, apply evenly, and wear well for hours. I tried to remove the swatches with L'Oreal micellar water and they wouldn't budge. They gave in only after using an oil-based solvent.

Stares and Speculation looks like shimmery pewter but compared with other pewter eyeshadows reveals strong olive undertones (see the comparison with Benefit Holy Smokes! below). I usually wear dark eyeshadows, so this one is usually not dark enough for me to work as a liner, but it makes an excellent eyeshadow base.

Deliciously Rich is a brown shade with golden glitter. This liner looks great when paired with matte neutral eyeshadows and makes a perfect festive all over the lid colour. This Fluidline produces slight glittery fall out under the eyes.


Now, the question is, do you need these? Well, it depends. If you're just completing your basic make-up kit, these aren't the shades you'd go for. But if you're looking for something off the beaten track or something slightly over the top (I mean tons of glitter) these might be the shades for you. 




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment