Tuesday 10 December 2013

Chanel Joues Contraste #84 Accent review


When I saw Chanel Holiday 2013 collection I immediately knew I needed the little quilted eyeshadow palette and the blush. However, I made my way to Sephora too late. When I got there, with my 20% off offer in hand, it turned out the eyeshadow palette had already been sold out. I didn't even have the chance to sneak a peek.  It's such a pity, the palette didn't seem very unique as far as the colour selection is concerned, but every reviewer pointed out the quality, so I really wanted to dip my fingers in these eyeshadows to see for myself what was so amazing about them.

So, what was left of the collection was the Joues Contraste blush in #84 Accent.
It took me a while to make up my mind whether to get it or not. It swatches very badly and you can see tons of glitter on the surface. I really wasn't sure whether I wanted something that would display no pigmentation at all and turn my face into a disco ball.
Now I know I would've made a terrible mistake if I hadn't finally grabbed it as this is one of the nicest and most unique blushes that I own.


The shade is slightly rosy beige, which makes it closer to a bronzer than to a typical blush. I thought at first that Accent was a dupe of Benefit Rockateur, but it isn't. Rockateur is rosier and contains no glitter, but it has more sheen to it.
I believe the name Accent is perfectly suited to this particular product. Although it looks very sheer when swatched, it's perfectly visible on my NW20 skin. It won't give you rosy glow. I would say it gives very muted, elegant contour, nothing over the top.

In the pan, and when swatched the blush seems to contain a large amount of silver glitter, but I can't see that much of it when applied. I'm not saying it isn't there, but perhaps it would come to play in full sunlight, which is virtually non-existent at this time of the year.

There's also this gorgeous fragrance to the product, not as strong, however, as in the case of the other Joues Contraste I've got. 

All in all, I believe this blush is an excellent work-appropriate cheek colour, which suits my late-autumnal mood perfectly. This blush is a part of Chanel Holliday collection, but I'm not sure if it's festive enough for this season and the carnival time.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment