Monday 16 December 2013

project empties #7

This time, as usual, my empties include mostly skincare items, but I'm proud to say I've used a couple of make-up and nail products as well.
It took me ages to use up The Body Shop Raspberry Shower Gel. You may say that a shower gel is a shower gel and they're all the same. Apart from the lovely scent, I noticed that you need much smaller amount, comparing to the drugstore counterparts. also a small nozzle prevents the excess of the liquid from flowing out.
I've used up another bottle of Bioderma micellar solution and I remain quite faithful to the product, though I tend to drift away from using it to remove eye make-up. Too much effort.
Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner didn't impress me at all. Not only did I find the smell repulsive, but also it left my hair feeling coarse.
I don't normally get excited about things like deodorants. I got RSS Dermo Rassoul in my Glossybox and at first I felt very disappointed. The packaging looked very cheap and not encouraging at all. It turned out to be the best roll-on deodorant I've used. It was gentle and had a lovely soft floral fragrance, which didn't interfere with my perfume.
Clarena Stem Cells cream is another item from the Glossybox. My initial reaction was 'meh', but when I started using it, I noticed that the results exceeded all my expectations. My face felt noticeably smoother and plumped. Very good cream, just a bit too expensive.
I've also used up two creams by  Clinique. Repair Laserwear Focus  is one of the best eye creams ever. It moisturised my eye area well throughout the day and made a lovely base for concealer. Superdefense moisturiser, however, is one of the most horrible moisturisers with high SPF I've used. It leaves white cast and smells horrible. 
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter , like all TBS body butters, is a lovely moisturiser. Quite thick, but effective. And smells gorgeous.
Nivea Make-Up Starter is a very good make-up base. Absorbs immediately, moisturises thoroughly, leaves my face matte, but not dry and feels a bit like a primer.

The only make-up item I've used up this month is MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which is one of the most overhyped powders in history. I think it didn't do anything to improve the appearance of my skin. What's more it made my oilies break through faster.

Nails Inc Caviar Base Coat didn't improve the condition of my nails. They remained as chipped as they were before. 

Essie Good To Go Top Coat  is nearly as good as Seche Vite. Speeds up the drying process, adds shine, it's readily available in my nearest drugstore. I've already repurchased.


No comments:

Post a Comment