Friday 13 December 2013

Straight Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner review


After changing my hairstyle from naturally curly to straightened I needed, quite obviously, to change my entire haircare routine. 
For the first time in my life I started experimenting with straightening hair products and Straight Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner were my second pick.

I quite liked the packaging, which, despite being rather simple and unimaginative, is very practical. It's possible to squeeze the bottle or store it upside down to get the product out of the bottle easier. 



A drop of this shampoo produces very rich lather, which is enough to wash my entire hair. My hair immediately feels moisturised and smoothed. I find it easy to comb through my hair with my fingers, even before I apply the conditioner.


I like the fact that the coonditioner works instantly. You don't need to leave it on for a couple of minutes, just rinse right after the application and it makes your head smoother and softer. It isn't meant to restore your hair to better condition, it's function is just to facilitate styling.

Both products have a very pleasant, fruity, peachy smell, which lingers on my hair for quite a while, but without interfering with my perfume. 
What I find weird is the names of the products on the packaging in Polish, and couple of other languages, while Sexy Hair is neither popular nor officially distributed in my country of origin. Nothing else is in Polish, neither the directions of use, nor the list of ingredients. What was the intention of the manufacturer? No idea.

Now, the question is: does this combo really work?
Well, I thought it didn't until I switched to a volumising shampoo by another brand. Only then did I realise that Straight Sexy Hair really did make it straighter, smoother and sleeker. It added some shine too.
This doesn't mean that the shampoo and conditioner made my curly, but easy to style hair permanently straight. Not exactly. Curls keep coming back when humidity of any kind hits my hair or during sleep. 

The reason why I started using a volumising shampoo and conditioner was that although my hair looked nicely straight and shiny after using Straight Sexy Hair, unfortunately it also looked flat and turned greasy way too soon, especially my bangs. This is partly due to my hair touching my horribly oily forehead, but mostly it was because of the shampoo and conditioner as altering my haircare reversed the situation. 

I like this combo a lot, I'd describe it as a good shampoo and conditioner for daily use for somebody with normal to dry hair. I fear the results on oily hair might be disastrous.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment