Monday 14 January 2013

Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Ultra Rose (no.74) review


I didn't have any Joues Contraste blushes and I didn't feel the urge to have any until I saw the one in Ultra Rose. It coincided with 30% off  sale at Sephora and, obviously, the blush returned home with me. 


This blush turned out to be one of my favourites this year. 
The blush is a very cool-toned, bluish pink with high sheen. It's fair but madly pigmented so owners of fair complexions need to use it lighthandedly and girls with darker skin types will get a good colour pay-off. The sheen, heavy as it is, does not accentuate my pores or make my face look greasy. Instead I get this beautiful glow which makes my skin look fresh and healthy.


The blush is not particularly soft but it releases the right amount of product onto the brush without sending clouds of pink dust everywhere around. 

And finally one more thing which makes me love the blush madly - it smells insanely of roses. Not my favourite fragrance as perfumes go but here this smell is so appropriate and completes the feeling of pampering yourself with luxury when using the product. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments: