Saturday 26 January 2013

Affordable make-up: Catrice Absolute Eye Color eyeshadows in C'mon Chameleon (410) and My First Copperware Party (400) review


Catrice C'mon Chameleon (left), My First Copperware Party (right)

I'd heard people raving about Catrice eyeshadows but I somewhat felt repelled by the cheap and plasticky packaging and simply didn't feel like buying them. 
Then I started to fancy MAC Club eyeshadow and I heard that Catrice has an almost exact dupe of that one, with MAC store being so far away from where I live and the original Club being practically unavailable for me I finally gave in and went to the closest drug seore and left with 2 Catrice eyeshadows: C'mon Chameleon which is the dupe of Club and My First Copperware Party, which was supposed to be a dupe for MAC Satin Taupe, which I've got but I wanted to see how close these dupes really are.


Catrice C'mon Chameleon (left), My First Copperware Party (right)
Let's begin the review with Catrice eyeshadows themselves and finally I'll compare one of them with MAC.
As I've said, I don't like the packaging and nothing is gonna change this, it simply doesn't appeal to my taste, though technically it works really fine and it's very practical. It's sleek and simple, it's easy to store them one on top of the other. The case is made of clear plastic so you can see the shade through the lid. 2g of the product cost about $4
Catrice C'mon Chameleon (left), My First Copperware Party (right)

C'mon Chameleon is a gorgeous duochrome eyeshadow. On the surface it looks like dark green with somewhat teal or turquoise tones but underneath it there's a reddish brown base. Overall it looks like brown dusted with turquoise sparkle. It's so pretty and unique. 
I feel it's somewhat close to Inglot loose eyeshadow #85(reviewed here), but Inglot seems to have a stronger brown base.

The eyeshadow is beautifully pigmented, it's very soft, so the brush picks a lot of product. It's not particularly powdery, but tap your brush well to avoid fall out.
Being the owner of oily lids I wear all my shadows over primers, and worn in this way C'mon Chameleon lasts all day without creasing or fading. 


Catrice C'mon Chameleon 

Catrice C'mon Chameleon 
Catrice My First Copperware Party

My First Copperware Party is less complex, but still it's a very pretty and high-quality eyeshadow. 
The shade is a wonderful mid-tone taupe with shimmer. It's soft and smooth like butter. I like to use it as my base colour or transitions shade which helps other shadows blend well.

Catrice My first Copperware Party (left), MAC Satin Taupe (right)

It's hard for me to say whether MAC Satin Taupe and Catrice My First Copperware Party are EXACT dupes, but for sure they're very very close.
There is a slight difference in texture, MAC seems more creamy and Catrice more powdery, when looking very close on them both swatched on my fingers MAC seemed a tiny bit warmer and darker and it has more of a sheen, whereas Catrice seems more shimmery. When swatched on my wrist Catrice seemed more pigmented and therefore darker. However, these differences are so slight that you need inspect them both very closely to be able to tell the them apart. After being deeply in love with MAC Satin Taupe I must admit that I liked Catrice one just as much or even a bit more. I guess I has to see to believe it myself, but there's absolutely no point in paying about 4-5 times more for a MAC eyeshadow, which is actually smaller than the Catrice one (1.5g and 2g respectively).
Catrice My first Copperware Party (left), MAC Satin Taupe (right)

Catrice My first Copperware Party (left), MAC Satin Taupe (right)

You might have guessed already that I'm not interested in getting MAC Club any more and my collection of Catrice single eyeshadows is going to grow.
It seems that no Catrice eyeshadow is permanently in stock, they' re available for some time and then they're replaced with something new, so if you're interested get them now cause they might be gone in half year's time or so.

Hand here comes one of the looks I created using both Catrice eyeshadows: 

in a sunny room

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
NYX True Taupe as a transition colour
Cartice C'mon Cameleon all over the movable lid
Catrice My First Copperware Party used to help blend the edges
MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliner pencil in 20L
Clinique dual ended mascara

away from the sun

away from the sun

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment