Thursday 17 January 2013

L'Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadows in Metallic Lilac (037) and Purple Obsession (005) review

Metallic Lilac


One of drugstore make-up items I fell in love with last year were L'Oreal Color Infallible eyeshadows. These come in nice, transparent square jars. On the screw top you can find information about the shade and the finish, which is very convenient. Upon opening you see a little stopper which you are supposed to keep to prevent the eyeshadow from drying.
These eyeshadows remind me a lot of my Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows. They have the same hybrid cream/powder texture just with a little bit less complexity (though Metallic Lilac is one of exceptions to the rule). They apply equally smooth, have the same vibrancy of colour and can boast of infinite lasting power. And needless to mention they're incomparably cheaper.
Unfortunately only 6 shades are in regular sale in Poland, Metallic Lilac was a kind of limited edition product which I managed to trace in one drugstore only. 
Metallic Lilac

Metallic Lilac is a fairly complex shade. The name suggests placing it within the purple family, yet it seems a bit misleading. I'm not going to question its purle lilac sheen, which obviously is there, but when applied it's closer to silver than purple. It's the kind of shade which changes colour depending on what it's paired with. When I wore it with black in the crease it looked very definitely silver, but when paired with Purple Obsession it turned much more purple than when worn alone. 
What's more, in the pan we can see bright pink particles intermingled with the lilac silver. Very pleasing for the eye, though it does not transfer onto my lids.
I love this shade cause it's simply pretty and unique. 

Metallic Lilac


Now, on to Purple Obsession:

Purple Obsession

The texture of Purple Obsession is slightly different. While Metallic Lilac is sort of crumbly, Purple Obsession is harder and pressed much more tightly, which affects application. Purple Obsession doesn't blend that well, I tend to wear it in the crease but also as my all-over-the-lid colour if I fancy darker make-up. I recently wore it over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Purple Velvet and it looked very pretty.

Purple Obsession

The shade of Purple Obsession was hard to photograph. I took a number of pictures but none of them looked absolutely reliable. Purple Obsession represents my favourite shade of purple, intense, slightly bluish violet purple. Gorgeous. Even though the shade is not particularly unique, believe it or not, it's not that easy to come across. Most purples lean towards plum or lavender and this one is just right. 

Purple Obsession


L'Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadows in Purple Obsession (left) and Metallic Lilac (right)

And here is what they look like applied:
For this look I used Metallic Lilac on the entire lid, Purple Obsession in the crease and Urban Decay eyeliner pencil in Lust along the lash line.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment