Friday 25 January 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation in 3.5 review


Being a big fan of Urban Decay I just couldn't resist getting their Naked Skin foundation. I bought it a long time ago, so I can say that having used up over a third of the product I'm ready to write a proper review.

PROS:
  • lightweight
  • medium coverage which beautifully perfects my skin
  • fairly matte, but not dry
  • no need to set it with powder
  • lasts all day on me
  • good colour match, 3.5 matches my NW20 skin really well
  • practical packaging: the bottle is quite tall but it's plastic, therefore it's not heavy, there's some sort of rattling device which helps to blend the product well while shaking before use, as recommended)


CONS:
  • runny (this may be an advantage as well, actually)
  • may be streaky so take your time blending it in
  • tends to become heavy and cakey if you build it up, adding more layers spoils the effect
  • has a weird smell, like the yellow liquid glue I had as a child

Urban Decay Naked Skin is a really good foundation for those of us who like lightweight foundations. I personally won't repurchase, the only reason being the smell, which I find somewhat repulsive. There are so many other products on the market that I don't need to be forced to put up with it.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment