Tuesday 8 January 2013

Avon lipstick in Pink Freeze review

I got this lipstick as a reward in an Avon competition I participated in last year and this is the only product I received then which I didn't really like.


The lipstick comes in a very nice and classy packaging but the shade is all wrong. It's extremely pale frosty pink which makes me look not only washed out but quite sick. I can't imagine anyone of any race or origin looking good in such a shade. The only use I can see for this product is some kind of cosplay make-up.



Feeling quite reluctant to throw this lipstick away I started experimenting with layering it over matte lipsticks and combining it with other shades to get some new and unique effects. It looked quite all right and I was glad I could make it work but unfortunately my long forgotten issues connected with Avon lipsticks returned. Many years ago I used plenty of Avon products and I happened to be sort of allergic to their lip products. My lips weren't swollen nor did I suffer from any kind of rash but what regularly happened was that the skin on my lips started peeling horribly. My lips cracked and hurt me like hell and it took time to bring them back to the original condition. 
I'd quite forgotten about the issue cause I hadn't used an Avon lipstick for over a decade and actually I hoped they'd hanged the formula since then but no. Just after a couple of uses my lips were cracked, parched and peeling.

I know allergies are a very personal thing and I'm not trying to convince anyone not to buy Avon lip products. However, I say no to Avon lipsticks. Forever.




Disclaimer: I received this product for my personal use and I'm not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment