Tuesday 22 January 2013

OCC Lip Tar in NSFW review

OCC Lip Tar in NSFW 

Lip Tars are OCC's flag product. There are plenty of mee-too products everywhere around, yet it's the Lip Tars that  repeatedly get enthusiastic reviews of plenty of bloggers.
They are incredibly pigmented liquid lipsticks which you apply with a brush, eg. the attached one, which is perfectly usable.
They come in a large variety of shades, some of them totally insane, some of them actually very pretty.

OCC Lip Tar in NSFW

I personally have mixed feelings about Lip Tars. Having read their reviews on many renowned websites, like Temptalia for example, I thought them to be some kind of miracle product. They're supposed to last all day long, survive a couple of coffees and a hearty meal, fade evenly and stain your lips. I noticed none of these. They last on me no longer than any long-wear lipsticks, drinking substantially influences their performance, they fade after a couple of hours and disappear after light lunch.

In the light if the aforesaid a question arises: why did I buy 4 of them and am planning to get some more? Well, if it hadn't been for the hype which preceeds them, my opinion of them would be much higher.
They are lightweight, pigmented and last decently long and the shades are so pretty.


OCC Lip Tar in NSFW 

NSFW is a gorgeous red. Bright, yet fairly dark and cool-toned. It suits my pinkish complexion perfectly. 
It applies evenly and I don't notice any feathering. As with all bright colours, it needs a liner to apply it evenly.
The finish is neither totally matte nor glossy. The lipstick is quite comfortable to wear, though it tends to feel drying after a couple of hours. I suppose those of you who happen to have drier lips could be dying for a lip balm or a gloss, the application of which obviously affects the tar's performance.
Although the shade is very intense, I didn't notice any staining of my lips.  

Here's what NSFW looks on my lips, no liner was used  

OCC Lip Tar in NSFW (direct sunlight)

OCC Lip Tar in NSFW (away from sunlight)

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I love these. I got a bunch of samples from a girl on eBay and I really like the NSFW color. (http://bit.ly/14Wff0R is the link to the girl's eBay, if you're interested.)

    ReplyDelete