Monday 5 October 2015

Maybelline Better Skin foundation in #021 Nude review & swatches


When I was buying Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation I really didn't know what to expect. I'd read and watched a number of reviews which said quite contradictory things about the product, that it was matte and glowy, sheer and full-coverage, thick and runny, lightweight and heavy. But one thing was common, that it is an outstanding foundation. 


There's not much scientific theory behind this product, but it makes a couple of claims:
  • better looking skin in 3 weeks
  • flawless finish
  • even tone
  • all day wear
  • non-transfer finish
  • SPF20


I must say that except the first one, which I was unable to verify, all of them are true. What's more, this foundation applies so effortlessly and feels so luxuriously comfortable and smooth on my face that it beats many of my high-end foundations. The finish it offers is perfection incarnate. The foundation covers what it needs to cover, but still looks like skin. It dries to a matte finish, yet not the flat, ageing matte, but what I would describe as fresh and natural oil-free skin. What's more, this foundation stays like this pretty much all day, doesn't oxidise, fade, transfer or migrate into my pores. Of course it does wear off on my nose, but still when I look in the mirror at the end of the day, it amazes me how great my skin looks.

The only thing is that I mismatched the shade and the one I got (#021 Nude) is too dark and pink for me during something like 9 months in a year. This is what happens when you buy foundations on the final days of August.

This foundation is a revelation to me. It's not only a great budget-friendly find, but also one of the best foundations out there. I can't tell what skin type this suits best as it seems to do wonders to everyone and having used this foundation I've started to believe this actually is possible. 








No comments:

Post a Comment