Saturday 24 October 2015

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara review


Better Than Sex, your reputation preceeds you. Everyone has heard about the silly name, about the boudoir pink packaging, the volume and definition it offers. But is the hype really justified? Yes. 


I'm going to disregard the name as no matter how cheap this marketing trick is, luckily it doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the product itself.  
Pink isn't my favourite colour, but I really like the fact that the tube is made of metal.
I'm not a fan of such massive brushes, but somehow it works for me. It coats all my lashes evenly, reaches all places top to bottom, though it's too big for my bottom lashes, where I need to wiggle a lot to get any effect.
I must say, though, that one man's meat is another man's poison. Last week I did my friend's make-up (yes, I pretended to be a make-up artist and gave her a makeover for the first time in my life) and I realized how different we all are. On her differently-shaped eyes with less lid space this mascara turned out to be a major disaster. The mascara was everywhere. I started doubting my skills, but when I reached for a skinnier wand all the problems disappeared.


The formula is neither too wet nor too dry.
On my lashes this mascara offers the volume I like without any clumps, smudging, crumbling, etc. What's more it gives my lashes curl without the use of curlers and extreme length which often results in colour transfer onto my upper lids and lower lash line. On my friend's lashes the curl was non-existent.

I absolutely adore how effortlessly this applies on my lashes and how much definition it offers. I also do appreciate the fact that this mascara isn't difficult to remove at all. For the time being, this is one of the best mascaras I've ever used, and definitely the best one currently residing in my stash. 


No comments:

Post a Comment