Saturday, 20 August 2011
Essie nailpolish in Smooth Sailing (756) - review + swatches
I found Essie Smooth Sailing highly disappointing, although I'll continue to use it because of the colour, periwinkle seems my favourite shade of blue.
- gorgeous colour, blue with a hint of purple, which remains blue in different lighting conditions
- this is opaque creme polish, 2 coats were more than enough
- the brush is too thin
- the consistency is too thick, if I didn't know this polish was a part of Essie's summer 2011 Brazilliant collection, I would suspect it was years old and definitely needed a drop of thinner
- the silver glitter looked out of place on creme polish, it hardly sparkled, in most lights looked like tiny white dots
- the finish was fairly matte, even a top coat didn't increase the shine
- chipped on the second day of use
- the glitter was hard to remove
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.