Sunday 21 August 2011

MAC pigment in Cornflower (review + swatches)

MAC pigment in Cornflower
I'm not a huge fan of pigments or other powder eyeshadows. I find them very difficult to handle, extremely messy, producing fallout everywhere. I was dancing around Cornflower for over a year and finally gave in to this gorgeous colour.

MAC pigment in Cornflower
 Cornflower is a periwinkle kind of blue with pinkish sheen, the intensity of the colour is immense. It applies and blends wonderfully, when used wet it's harder to blend, but the colour pay-off is even better. As for the messiness, it's not as bad as I expected. I use a round contour brush to apply it, I dip it in the jar, then tap off the excess product and then pat it on my lids rather than smudge. This way seems to produce the least fall-out (I tried using a flat brush at first, but it didn't work that well) and seems fairly quick. Once applied the eyeshadow quality is hard to beat. It stays put for ever with no creasing, no fading. Although I still wish this colour was sold in a pan form, I definitely don't regret buying it. Actually I'm planning to get a number of other pigments both from the permanent line and the upcoming fall collections.

MAC pigment in Cornflower
 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment