Wednesday 24 August 2011

MAC eyeshadow in Gesso (review + swatches)


MAC eyeshadow in Gesso

Gesso is a white matte eyeshadow, which I use as a highlighter. What I like about is that it's just white with no pink or yellow undertones (it often happens that white shadow when applied god knows why leans towards yellow, which I honestly hate). On the negative side, I have difficulty getting a decent colour pay-off with MAC matte shadows. As I said, I use it as a highlight and this discreet effect is just right. But if I were to use it as a white eyeshadow I'd have to try very hard to make it show. Texturewise, this shadow is a bit dry and powdery and I guess this is the reason why it's so difficult to apply. When I ran my finger across it to make a swatch, it felt like one of these soluble vitamin pills they sell in tubes. Very rought and dry. Matte looks good, but it's definitely not my favourite as regards MAC finishes. Frost and pearl are much easier to work with.


and here comes the heavy swatch. barely there, huh?

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment