Saturday 20 August 2011

OPI nailpolish in The Colour to Watch (review + swatches)

OPI nailpolish in The Colour to Watch facing towards the light
COLOUR:  I bought this polish because of its intriguing, non-obvious colour. I would describe it as a duo-chrome: lavender blue shimmer which looks absolutely stunning in direct sunlight and a kind of taupe or beige in angles where light defracts.

OPI nailpolish in The Colour to Watch - away from the light
FORMULATION:  Thin, almost runny. Extremely sheer, I did 3 coats, but I should have done at least 4 or more make bald patches disappear. However, I hate doing so cause it takes ages to dry 4-5 coats of polish plus base, plus top coat and such a thick coat chips easily. Although I applied a top coat the finish itself was very glossy.


OPI nailpolish in The Colour to Watch at the most taupe angle
LONGEVITY:  Chipped horribly on the second day after the application.

OPI nailpolish in The Colour to Watch close up at the bald patches on my index finger

OVERALL:  I would be in love with this nail polish if it wasn't so sheer. I suppose it could be used over another polish to get a kind of holographic effect. I'll try this combination out when I get a taupe or beige polish cause it seems to me these colours would match. But if you're looking for a polish to wear on its own, give this one a miss.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment