Wednesday 5 October 2011

Olay Skin Comfort facial cleansing gel


I've always had bad experiences with Olay products, and I normally stay away from them. This time (silly me) I was lured by the description on the back of Olay cleansing facial gel saying that you can use this gel also in the eye area to remove eye make-up. I'm a real sucker for these products as I really hate to drag and tug and pull at my eyelids with cotton pads, so I immediately bought the Olay, hoping this product would suit me well.
Imagine my surprise then I opened the tube. The substance is nothing close to gel (look at the picture, is it me or something's wrong with this gel?) What is even worse, the gel contains micro-particles, like a peeling. Definitely not the best idea to use it near your eyes.I wouldn't mind if this thing retailed as peeling cream, not cleansing gel. Before I knew this was so grainy I applied it all over my face and tried to remove make up with it. Indeed, it did remove the non-waterproof mascara, but the eyeshadows stayed where they were, just smugded and greasy, I guess the same happened to my foundation, just less obvious because of the colour.
The substance is a non-foamy cream, intended for dry skin which washes your face in a similar way a facial cream would. Doesn't leave my skin dry, but most of the cleansing job is done with a cotton pad and a toner. As for the eyes, surprisingly it didn't irritate my eyes, but didn't remove the make-up either. Generally very disappointing!


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment