Tuesday 18 October 2011

OPI glitter nailpolish in Gettin' Miss Piggy With It (review + swatches)


OPI nailpolish Gettin' Miss Piggy With It over Essie in Size Matters, Seche Vite top coat
 Gettin' Miss Piggy With It is my first glitter polish and I guess the last one cause last night I spent over half an hour trying to remove it, wasting half a bottle of enamel remover and a heap of cotton pads. When I was literally scraping the stuff off my nails I said "no" to all glitters (including the gorgeous Zoya Kissy, which figured at no.1 on my wishlist).

OPI glitter naillpolish in Gettin' Miss Piggy With It - one coat


Getting Miss Piggy With It is a clear based mix of tiny red and large silver hex glitter. Applied without a top coat it looks kind of matte and dull, but when combined with a good top coat like Seche Vite, all the glitter comes to play and the polish starts looking very nice. Obviously you need a couple of coats for full coverage, but I bought this polish to wear it on top of another polish, so I tried it out on Essie in Size Matter and I was really glad about the result. The red glitter became less obvious and the silver particles looked like gemstones. Very nice indeed.

All in all  if the glitter was easier to remove I would definitely use it on regular basis to add new dimension to fading polish, but I'm definitely not persistent enough to spend so much time trying to get rid of the thing. Not worth the effort.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I've bought all the glitters from the Mupperts collection, plus I have a stash of former halloween/X-mas items from China Glaze. I love glitter, though removing process is a real pain. You should try the foil method - it really works (soak a cotton pad with polish remover and wrap the nail in a layer of foil, after 2 minutes everything dissolvs nicely).

    ReplyDelete