Monday 31 October 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Binge and Lust

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Lust (top) and Binge (bottom)
I've been putting this review off for so long cause I'm actually not sure what to say. I'd been deaming about these pencils for so long that when they finally arrived at my door I was extatic. Unfortunately I must say I'm a bit disappointed with them.
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Lust (top) and Binge (bottom)
The colours are what I'd hoped them to be like.  Binge is shimmery purplish blue with with blue sheen, whereas Lust is a sort of matte purple with blue tones and silver sparkle. Actually thay are more similar to each other than I'd expected. The outside colouring and the swatches (like the one below) are rather misleading. Binge is much more purple and Lust is not as bright and vivid as the packaging would suggest.
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Binge (left) and Lust (right)
However, it's not the colour that I'm disappointed with, it's the quality and application. I do admit, just like Zero, these pencils are the softest I've ever used. They glide on effortessly and without pulling or tugging. But, as you can see in the swatch above, they apply most unevenly, leaving clumps and bald patches. It's not so visible when you apply them over shadow, but when used alone they look no better than other, much cheaper liners. My disappointment is even greater cause Urban Decay is a brand I sort of trust. Apparently you can't be good at everything, can you?

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I just bought these two shades on sale and for some reason, these two colors are very uneven/clumpy. The greenish, turquoise-ish, and black/grey eyeliners - like Flipside, Mainline, zero and uzi - go on very smooth. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'm very disappointed as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that UD is quite inconsistent with their formulas. I have 2 of their black eyeliners as well and they're wonderful. I think that a couple of years ago the brand set up standards for what a good pencil liner is supposed to be like, but nowadays they thrive on the hype only as they are countless examples of cheaper drugstore liners that perform way better, Rimmel, Maybelline or Sephora being just examples of these.

      Delete