Friday 14 September 2012

Garnier Beauty Balm Perfector aka Miracle Skin Perfector for oily/combination skin in Light review & swatches


I can't explain why I bought another BBcream by Garnier after my bad experience with their original Miracle Skin Perfector reviewed here. And I'm more than happy I discovered this BB Cream.
Although I have a large experience with Asian BB creams I'm not going to open a discussion whether this one is a BB cream in true sense or not. Asian BB creams come in such a variety of forms that it would be hard for me to decide what is a BB cream proper or not and if this one by Garnier can be defined as a BB cream or not.
No matter whether this product is: a lightweight foundation, tinted moisturiser or a BB Cream, I love this product for how it applies and works.
First striking thing about this product is how runny it is. The consistency is comparable to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Make-up. One substantial difference in favour of the BB cream by Garnier is that it doesn't separate so you don't need to shake it before you use it. 
The packaging is very well-designed for such a watery product. You squeeze it out of its tube through a long and narrow nozzle which distributes just the right amount of product.
This BB cream is so light that you don't feel you're wearing anything at all.
It applies easily both with a brush or fingers, doesn't settle in my pores or accentuate them.
I love the matte finish it gives, good matte foundations are so hard to find.
The coverage is rather sheer but like in the case of many BB creams full coverage is not the point. They're supposed to even out the skin tone and perfect its appearance while preserving the natural look of the skin and this is exactly what the Miracle Skin Perfector does. 
It comes in two shades only but the shade I've got satisfies me completely. It seems to be a neutral beige which blends nicely with my fair skin without making it too yellow or pink. 
For the information of those of you who are fragrance-sensitive: this BB cream is odourless.

I really love this BB cream, it cost me about $5 which renders it more than affordable. Excellent stuff!


P.S. I'm a little confused about the name of the product. The box carries a different name than the tube, hence the post title!


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment