I got Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner in Black Honey relatively late, by which I mean that it was released as a part of some last year's collection but it was still available in Douglas store in November 2012. I was considering getting it months ago and I didn't suspect it would be waiting for me for that long. What dinally persuaded me to get this product was that after such a period of time the tester seemed still brand new, as soft and creamy as months ago.
Clinique Poland do not distribute cream liners at all, so this is my first contact with this kind of product by Clinique. It's not cheap, but quite reasonably priced when compared to eg. Bobbi Brown liners. The product comes in a small jar, the size and shape of which is fully comparable to Bobbi Brown gel liners, and there's also a little brush which is actually pretty handy.
I have mixed feelings about the liner so I decided to divide my review into pros and cons to make everything clear.
- I love the shade which is dark, reddish chocolate brown with plenty of gold shimmer.
- It's soft and creamy and I suppose it'll stay like this forever (just like the tester)
- It's completely smudgeproof and waterproof. Sets quickly and will not budge. I'd even say it's soapproof too.
- Can be used not only as a liner but also as a cream eyeshadow or eyeshadow base.
- It's sheer and not highly pigmented. The lines you draw on top of eyeshadows seem to blend in. Good for smudgy, smoky looks, bad for making a definition.
- I'm not a big fan of such amount of glitter
- I'd prefer a jar of a wider diameter. I don't like diving a brush in the product, it prefer to run it flat along the surface.
- The brush the product comes with would be perfect if it was slanted.
All in all, I believe nothing can beat MAC gel liners, but I seem to be reaching for this one surprisingly often. I just love the shade!