Friday 23 November 2012

Organic cosmetics: Organique Shea Butter Body Balm Cranberry review


Organique is a Polish brand which manufactures organic cosmetics the quality of which they can be proud of.
My first contact with the brand was when I received their Shea Butter Body Balm in one of my Glossyboxes.
The packaging immediately caught my eye. A large plastic jar, approximately the same size as The Body Shops body butters, with an aluminium lid with the company logo embossed on it. Very pretty and classy.
What I first noticed upon opening the jar was the insane smell of the balm. It's supposed to be cranberry but my nostrils don't associate it with cranberries so much as with something sickeningly sweet and edible.

The body balm is of very hard consistency (you can cut it with a knife into little blocks), which immediately reminded me of Figs&Rouge lip balm (also an organic product). Once heated the butter melts and becomes an oil-like substance. It's smooth and easy to distribute.
Unfortunately it makes my body feel greasy for hours and hours and I don't quite like that. I don't have dry skin so fast absorbing lotions are the best solutions for me. 
I ended up using the balm as my hand and foot cream and in these areas it does a great job.

I'm not obsessed with organic cosmetics but it was a pleasure to read the list of ingredients which included only a couple of entries, all of which were natural substances like shea butter or beeswax etc.

All in all, a great product for those with dry skin or to be used on dry patches. 



2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm a huge fan of the product design too and I'll have to give this one a try! My elbows always get a little dry in the winter time. :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great product overall, one of the best Glossybox items I've received so far!

      Delete