Thursday 22 March 2012

Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara: a review



My expectations connected with thismascara were so high that when I used it first time I had a sort of meh reaction. First of all the conical wand worked perfectly on my left eye ( I'm left-handed) whereas the proportions were reversed when I started coating my right eye lashes, the narrow tip was supposed to work on the longest lashes in the outer corner. However, I soon discovered that the conical wand is just a gimmick cause it didn't really matter whether I used the narrow or the thick end of the wand.

The second disappointment was the lack of strong volumising effect which I look for in my mascaras. Moreover, my lashes are naturally curly and with a help of a good mascara they may look as if I'd used the curlers, Doll Eyes failed to curl my lashes that way.

Third and most important, the mascara doesn't stay put on my bottom lashes, whenever I look down it leaves a mark in my undereye, which doesn't look nice. I have this problem with many mascaras but there are some that deal with it  wonderfully (eg. Clinique Bottom Lash mascara).


Initially I was going to write a negative review of Doll Eyes mascara but then I incidentally saw my picture (below) taken to make lip swatches and it struck me how beautiful my own lashes looked. Only then did I realise that the mascara is actually not that bad. It definitely makes my lashes look longer and nicely separated. Doll's eyes? I suppose they're dolls eyes indeed.

I'm getting used to the wand and apply Clinique Bottom Lash mascara on my bottom lashes and I'm satisfied with the look. I don't think I'll repurchase, but then I've never repurchased a mascara, even the favourite one!



EDIT: I've just repurchased. It's a very good mascara after all and Lancome makes these excellent goodie sets I just couldn't resist!



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment